Poetry from a lonely Wednesday night
They put you down down down today
So deep into the earth
My sweet earth sign
My raging bull
Who is now so fucking silent
The quiet is what kills me most
No pleading emails
Or jovial text messages
Just the sickening sound of silence
I drown it out the best I can
With songs that just remind me of you
That make the quiet seem even more sinister
I search for you everywhere I go
Red Durango
All smashed to bits and pieces
Claiming your life
Your beautiful fucking body
That touched me so often
And so sweetly
That I know it as well as my own
My sad green eyed man
I question why you had to leave every day
And I wish for you back
Back to this cold cruel world
You were not meant to be here
Such a soft soul
Couldn’t handle the pain of everyday life
Couldn’t sit still and behave
Like an unruly child
Your life was not pure and light
It was dark and dangerous
And one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen
I miss you Simon Keel
No comments:
Post a Comment